Since its successful launch on 2 June 2003, the Kuala Lumpur Business Club (KLBC) has held public and private activities to further its objectives.
30 January 2008
Private luncheon with Minister of Defence, Singapore, Hon. Teo Chee Hean,
15 April 2008
KLBC hosts a delegation comprising 10 leading Australian businessmen.
11 April 2008
KLBC members participate at the London School of Economics (LSE) Asia Forum 2008 in Singapore, with conference theme "The Politics of Knowledge".
11 July 2008
Dialogue with representatives from Jordan Securities Commission. Event was co-hosted by Securities Commission Malaysia.
18 August 2008
KLBC's Board of Directors' Dinner with DYTM Raja Muda Perak, Raja Dr Nazrin Shah Ibni Sultan Azlan Muhibuddin Shah in Kuala Lumpur.
14-16 October 2008
[ View Report ]
|KLBC in Manila/ASEAN 100 Leadership Forum 2008
- Breakfast with Makati Business Club
- Meeting with HE Peter Favila, Minister of Trade & Industry of Philippines
- Lunch hosted by First Metro, Metrobank
- â€œThe State of the Philippinesâ€ by Caroline Hernandez, president of Institute for Strategic & Development Studies Inc.
- Meeting with Senator Mar Roxas, presidential Candidate
- Dinner & Dialogue with HE Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, president of the Republic of the Philippines
- KLBC Breakfast with Hon. Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato' Sri Najib Tun Razak
- Keynote Address by YAB Datoâ€™ Sri Najib Tun Razak, Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia "Changing Politics and the Politics of Change"
- Open Forum Discussion on "Competition in a Flatter World: What Does this Mean for ASEAN?"
- Luncheon Keynote Address by HE Shaukat Aziz, former Prime Minister of Pakistan "Economic Stewardhip in Turbulent Times: How Can Leaders Cope with Rapid Change?"
- ASEAN 100 Debate "The ASEAN Charter is Too Little and Too Late in a Rapidly Changing World"
- Forum Briefing by David Hale, Chairman, David Hale Global Economics "The US Presidential Elections and What it Means for ASEAN"
29 October 2008
KLBC Breakfast Forum at TV3 & Presentation by Global Brand Forum to Members
20-23 November 2008
KLBC in Peru/APEC CEO Summit
26 November 2008
[ View Report ]
|Fireside Chat with US Ambassador to Malaysia
- "A New US President - A New Era?"
4-5 December 2008
|Global Brand Forum (Dec 4 - 5, 2008)
- Dinner hosted by KLBC for participants of Global Brand Forum (Dec 4, 2008)