Since its successful launch on 2 June 2003, the Kuala Lumpur Business Club (KLBC) has held public and private activities to further its objectives.
20 March 2007
Fireside Chat and Dinner with the Ambassador of USA, HE Mr Christopher J. LaFleur on "Continuity and Change in American Trade and Foreign Policies."
1 - 4 May 2007
|KLBC Business Mission to New York.
- Meeting with Mr. Timothy F. Geithner, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Tour of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York Gold Vault.
- Luncheon hosted by Asia Society.
- Mr. Fareed Zakaria, Editor of Newsweek International: "Iraq: Carrying On and Moving On."
- Dr. Richard Haass, President of the Council on Foreign Relations: "New Directions for American Foreign Policy."
- Mr. Jeffrey R. Immelt, Chairman and Chief Executive of General Electric
- Dr. Arthur Levitt, Senior Advisor to The Carlyle Group (former US SEC Chairman) on "Investor Protection."
- Mr. John A Thain, CEO, New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- Visit to the New York Stock Exchange, Ground Zero and Live recording of the NBC Today Programme in Studio.
- Luncheon Roundtable with the US-ASEAN Business Council hosted by JP Morgan.
- Visit to the Rockefeller Family Floor to view Private Art Collection.
28 May 2007
Securities Commission-KLBC Talk by Prof Didier Cossin of the International Institute of Management Development (IMD),Lausanne, Switzerland.
14 Jun 2007
An Evening with Prime Minister, YAB Dato' Seri Abdullah Haji Ahmad Badawi on "50 YEARS - THE BEAT OF BUSINESS."
27 September 2007
Roundtable session with Mr. Jeff Immelt, Chairman / CEO of General Electric Co, USA.
1- 6 November 2007
|KLBC Business Mission to Dubai and Abu Dhabi led by HRH Raja Dr Nazrin Shah.Dubai
- Briefing and Site Visit to Emaar
- Dinner hosted by CIMB Islamic : "Shifting Sands" - An Overview of the GCC by Mr David Eldon, Chairman of Dubai International Financial Centre and Dr Nasser Saidi, Chief Economist, Dubai International Financial Centre
- Meeting & Briefing by Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Dubai International Financial Exchange (DIFX)
- â€œWhy Invest in Malaysiaâ€ by HRH Crown Prince of Perak, Malaysia Raja Dr Nazrin Shah Ibni Sultan Azlan Muhibuddin Shah
- Meeting with Abul Rahman Omar Abdullah, Acting CEO of Abu Dhabi Investment Company
- Meeting with HE Khalifa Al Kindi, Managing Director of Abu Dhabi Investment Council (ADIC)
- Luncheon hosted by Quest Energy Group of Companies
- Briefing hosted by Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
- Meeting and Briefing by Ali Ibrahim Ismael, Deputy Director General, Dubai Economic Department
15 Dec 2007
2007 Year End Party.